August 27, 2016
Making Exercise a Fun, Fast Way to Lose Weight
Do you want to lose weight but dread the idea of exercising? If you are, you might want to rethink your opinion, because there are a lot of different activities that could be a lot of fun while still torching those calories.
Here is a list of the top 10 calorie burning activities that might be a great way to help you lose weight that might rival even the best diet pills.
10. Cross Country Skiing. One of the worlds’ most popular winter sports is also a great way to stay fit! The average person will burn almost 490 calories in one hour of cross country skiing. Not a bad way to spend the winter!
9. backpacking. Are you an outdoor lover just waiting to lose weight so you can enjoy the beauty of nature? Well you really don’t need to wait! The trees and animals won’t judge you if you get a little sweaty. You can also feel proud knowing that you burn an average of 493 calories per hour.
8. High Impact Aerobics. If you are confused, high impact aerobics are cardiovascular activities that are continuous and usually take both of your feet off of the ground at the same time. A really intense class at the gym that leaves you winded and sweaty is likely an example of high impact aerobics. The best news is that you burn an average of 498 calories an hour doing them.
7. Rollerblading. Does this surprise you? Rollerblading works almost every muscle of your body because it requires balance and coordination. Even though most people think of it as a fun activity, it burns 500 calories an hour on average.
6. Organized Sports. Are you always game for a pickup game of basketball or football? Well the good news is that if you are, you are burning an average of 563 calories an hour. Not bad for a game with the guys, right?
5. Lap Swimming. Many people underestimate how difficult lap swimming really is. Since it is 100% free of impact, it is often used by athletes to cross train to give their joints a break while still working up a sweat. The average swimmer burns close to 600 calories per hour, depending on how hard they are working in the water.
4. Stair Climbing. #4 should not come as a shock to anyone who has ever worked out on a stair climber. This activity will leave your quadriceps and gluteus maximus, medius, and minimus screaming for a break. It’ll be worth it though, because you will burn an average of 633 calories an hour.
3. Martial Arts. Because you are constantly in motion, and using quick, powerful motions that work large muscle groups, an hour of martial arts burns an average of 704 calories.
2. Jumping Rope. Double Dutch isn’t for the elementary schoolgirls anymore. Burning an average of 850 calories in one hour, jump roping will take care of any extra calories that you are looking to get rid of
1. There is much debate about where many activities belong on this list, but the uncontested spot of #1 goes to running. For those who run 8mph or faster, an hour of running burns an average of 950 calories an hour. It may not sound like much fun to you, but running junkies are addicted to their sport and can be found in most places in the world.
As you can see from this list, exercise doesn’t have to be all drudgery all of the time. In fact, a lot of times it can be very fun. If you are interested in losing weight quickly, make sure to add a calorie-burning exercise to your daily routine.