April 30, 2017
Laugh to Lose Weight
Someone once suggested, “Laugh your way through life. You’ll either live longer, or die laughing.” As it turns out, the benefits of have a good belly laugh can extend long after the joke has faded. Not only is laughter a good way to relieve stress and create long lasting bonds between friends, but it can also help you lose weight.
You really can laugh yourself skinny.
Health Benefits of Laughter
Laughter is a powerful way to release the tension you’ve acquired throughout the day. It’s the best medicine for all your woes-and the great part? It’s free and easy to use. According to Paul E. McGhee, Ph.D.:
“Your sense of humor is one of the most powerful tools you have to make certain that your daily mood and emotional state support good health.”
Benefits of Laughter include each of the following:
• It relieves physical tension and stress – A good hearty laugh can leave your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes afterward.
• It boosts the immune system – Laughter increases immune cells and infection fighting antibodies, perhaps there really is a cure to the common cold?
• It releases endorphins – You’ve probably heard about these little feel-good chemicals. Endorphins are your body’s natural pain relievers that can promote an overall sense of well-being.
• It protects the heart – By letting yourself laugh, you can improve the function of blood vessels and blood flow, protecting yourself against cardiovascular issues such as heart disease and heart attack.
• It can help you lose weight – Laughter works the stomach muscles almost as effectively as a few good crunches. Studies have shown that the average adults can burn an average of 1.3 calories per minute while laughing with friends.
Laugh it and Lose it
Before chuckling at this funny way to lose weight, be aware that a new exercise movement called Laughtercising has created guidebooks and laugh-track CDs to heighten the hilarity. Like any other weight loss routine, a solid 10 minutes of laughter a day can help you keep off the weight.
According to some studies, laughter can produce the same benefits as aerobic exercise (so long as you can maintain it for the same amount of time).
Of course, working up to a full 10 minutes can be difficult for those straight-faced critics out there, but Betty Hoeffner (an avid laughterciser) reports:
“You just keep going and going and you work up such a sweat and your abs are aching,” she says. “You get so much energy you’ll be vacuuming your house at 10 o’clock at night. Just try it!
Fake it Until You Make
Although laughing comes naturally for most people, sometimes we can’t find a good excuse to guffaw, chortle, and hyuck to ourselves. But the really great thing about laughter is that your body can’t distinguish between “fake” laughter and real humor. The positive effects are still there.
If you find that you simply can’t get the giggles you’re looking for, try this simple technique: laugh without smiling. That’s right. Keep those lips over your teeth and try to force a laugh. You’ll find the awkwardness of mouth and the sheer ludicrousness of laughing in such a way that the absurdity will have you hooting until your stomach hurts.
Also, it’s always nicer to laugh with a friend. Just for laughs, get a circle of friends to join in this childish game of giggles. Lie down on the floor, with each person’s head resting on the stomach of the friend next in line. Like a stream of dominos, when one person starts to giggle, the stomach motion triggers a wave of hollers and hoots, giggles and guffaws, until everyone is laughing too hard to breathe.
The Last Line
Of course to some, losing weight is no laughing matter. Puns and pranks can only get a person so far when they’re trying to drop a dress size or fit into their favorite pair of skinny jeans. Although laughter is a key element in staying healthy and losing weight, sometimes a little extra help is needed to slim down that stomach.
If losing the weight will get an extra smile of satisfaction out of you, then perhaps Lipofuze will be your solution. With 10 patented weight loss ingredients, Lipofuze is one of the best diet pills that can help you lose more weight than dieting and exercise (and laughter) alone—No joke! So whether you’re trying to live a healthier life or lose those extra pounds, laughter and lipofuze make a great addition to any routine.