January 19, 2019
How to Drop that Winter Weight
The holidays are a time of festivities and fun. A time when you can sit back, relax, snack on fresh baked cookies and chug down the cocoa like there’s no tomorrow. You regret nothing as you wolf down holiday pies and scarf up all the chocolate covered peanut you can possibly handle. You put grizzly bears to shame as you pack on the winter weight and struggle to fit in your formerly comfortable sweat pants.
Yet, as the snow storms calm and a fresh spring breeze starts to blow in, you can’t help but wonder how you’ll even bounce back after blowing you diet on caramel popcorn and peppermint sticks.
No need to worry! These tips can help you ward off the winter blues and drop that holiday weight without the need to punish yourself for every scoop of ice cream you ate over the past few weeks.
Tips to Lose Weight in Winter
1. Don’t Forget your New Year’s Resolution: January may have come and gone, but don’t forget to brush up on your New Year’s Resolution to lose weight every so often. Find your motivation to shed those extra pounds and find a way to reward yourself as your progress toward your goal. If you need to, join a gym or find a partner, anything to get you off the couch and back into those gym shoes.
2. Drink Yourself Thin: Rather than reaching for yet another cup of cocoa or coffee, grab a glass of water and toast yourself with this zero calorie beverage. Too often we confuse hunger with thirst, and find ourselves snacking on chips when we should be guzzling down the water. Not only will water help you feel fuller between meals, but it will flush toxins and other waste from the body as well.
3. Snack Smart: Did you know that you can snack in between meals and still lose weight? A healthy snack such as yogurt or fruit can help keep your metabolism going strong while inhibiting your urge to overeat during meal times. This can keep your calorie count to a minimum and your weight loss to a maximum.
4. Switch up Your Routine: Many people struggle to keep up their exercise routine as soon as the weather turns bad. However, just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you have to take your sessions indoors. Feel free to try a new winter sport such as Ice Skating or Skiing, to keep your exercise fun and challenging.
5. Foods for the Season: No, we’re not talking about sugar plums and pumpkin pie – a lot of wholesome foods are at their peak during the winter months. Citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruits offer a wide variety of antioxidants, while kale and cauliflower may be just what you need to keep that colon clean.
Although losing weight is a worthy goal to strive for all year long, keeping it off in winter should be your number one priority if you want to stay slim, trim, and healthy. By making a few adjustments to your lifestyle, you may be able to look great in time for spring rather than struggling to fit in your clothes by summer.
If you’re looking for additional tips on how to lose weight quickly no matter what time of the year, then feel free to explore the rest of our site. Consumerpricewatch.net is your source of unbiased product reviews and expert inside information on the latest weight loss secrets.